At the Courtyards Assisted Living, you are encouraged to take advantage of the robust calendar of activities. Our programs are designed to stimulate the seven dimensions of wellness: 1) Spiritual, 2) Emotional, 3) Intellectual, 4) Social, 5) Environmental, 6) Vocational, and 7) Physical.
There are daily opportunities for our residents, their families, and their friends to participate in activities they enjoy as well as discover new passions and hidden talents.
Choose from a wide variety of programs. Everything from art and exercise classes, card and board games, to a daily happy hour (a great way to meet your neighbors)! Enjoy meeting and socializing with new friends and acquaintances and plan to meet up and share in:
- Watching the latest flick in our movie theater
- Enjoying Music by our talented entertainers
- Wii games to keep you motivated
- Daily exercise programs for good physical health
- Scenic rides around town, plenty of shopping and trying the latest restaurant offerings
- Painting classes to inspire your creative talents
Memory Care neighborhood at The Courtyards, is a person-centered community, allowing those with memory care or related dementias to participate in robust programming, every day. We celebrate each resident as the individual they are with our Memories and Personalities Albums to help celebrate their histories and enjoy reminiscing with them.
Spirituality and faith are integral to the promotion of overall health and well-being. We believe those with higher levels of spirituality exhibit a slower progression of Alzheimer’s and other memory-related diseases. We empower, encourage, and support all our residents in their spiritual pursuits.
At The Courtyards, we embrace all faiths and we seek to satisfy these needs in a house with non-denominational services. We also provide transportation for our residents to attend religious services at their local place of worship.
Friends and Family
Socialization is a cornerstone for everyone, regardless of age. Sadly, seniors are more susceptible to isolation. As we age, retire, and see our grown children leaving and starting families of their own, the opportunities to socialize may decrease. This impacts a portion of the senior population more when they must rely on others for transportation and shopping needs.
At The Courtyards, we believe an active social lifestyle helps seniors maintain a sharp mind, remain connected to the world around them, increase feelings of happiness, and contributes to a sense of belonging.
Sometimes a little extra companionship, fun, and laughter can help ease a transition to a new home. At The Courtyards, we offer just that with a personalized program that has move-in days, birthdays and holidays covered— and “just because” days, too!
Intergenerational Life Program
Nothing makes the heart and mind feel younger than spending time with the young of heart, mind, and age. Our Intergenerational Life Program blends the traditional and innovative opportunities for residents to engage with younger community members – an enriching experience for everyone.
At The Courtyards, we are always identifying new Intergenerational programs that coordinate with appropriate community leaders to organize each activity:
- Technology / Social Media Class – High School students may volunteer to teach residents about Facebook, Twitter, Skype, etc.
- Music Program – A high School choir may offer a special performance including a sing-along with residents
- Girl / Boy Scouts – Girl and/or Boy Scout troops can teach our seniors crafts and skills like holiday decorating, knot-tying, etc.
- Homecoming – During a High School Homecoming football game, two Courtyards residents may be crowned King and Queen during halftime.